Total Pageviews

Monday, August 5, 2024

54000 Miles and repolish after 20 years of age.

 54000 Miles and repolish after 20 years of age. Years ago you can see where I had polished these covers out by hand and now 54K miles later I just did a retouch with a pneumatic 3inch polisher and some Mother's Aluminum and Mag polish. Brought right back to mirror finish. I figured this was a good time to clean chain thoroughly and re polish up the bike along with thoroughly inspecting everything. Years ago I made the decision to strip the clear coat and hand sand and polish these covers. Best decision ever. No oxidization under clear coat issues I've seen others have. All you need is to keep up the polishing routine. When I bought this years ago to survive the Obama Biden first attempt at destroying the middle class it was the best decision of my life. This got me through the outrageous gas prices and allowed me to have a life while going to college. Now unemployed twice in the last 3 years due to Biden's assault on what is left of the middle class I have again a profound appreciation for this motorcycle as during the summer it has once again become my primary mode of transportation.  









The only way to do a selfie is through the reflection of your case cover. LOL 



No comments:

Post a Comment